Here's what's in this week's issue of The Week magazine
16th August 2019
- Main Stories: Laying down the law: Can Boris cut crime?
- Controversy: A crisis of confidence
- People: Stacey Dooley: Boko Haram, Islamic State and Strictly
- Best British Article: We’ll all pay for Generation Rent
- Best International Article: Violence in Germany: a nation plunged into “turmoil”?
- Health & Science: How to stare down a seagull
- Talking Points: Global warming: meat and morals
- Obituaries: Toni Morrison: A giant of American letters
- The Last Word: Meet the teachers who are taking guns into the classroom
Subscribers: Read issue in full here.
To make sure you don't miss out on our unique coverage of the new, incisive comment and debate, try 6 issues for £6 today.
Don't forget, you'll also find out about the latest arts, books, theatre, music, food + drink, people, properties, sport and travel - and much, much more!
Find out what else you'll discover in The Week magazine here.
See what some of our readers think...
The Week is the ideal paper for those who are too lazy or too busy. I am both and proud of it.
It's not just excellent and succinct, but witty too.
It's the quickest way of finding out what's been happening all over the world.