Here's what's in this week's issue of The Week magazine
1st August 2020
- Main stories: Let’s get physical: The PM’s fight against flab
- Controversy: China’s “hi-tech genocide”
- People: Kevin Kwan: “I think it’s the assimilation story of most immigrants”
- Best British article: Roll up, roll up, for the end of the peer show
- Best International article: The EU deal: a “historic” step towards integration?
- Health & Science: Why some women feel less pain
- Talking points: The book Harry and Meghan didn’t ban
- Obituaries: Olivia de Havilland: Hollywood’s last great pre-war star
- The Last Word: Why we fail to prepare for disasters
Subscribers: Read issue in full here.
To make sure you don't miss out on our unique coverage of the new, incisive comment and debate, start your trial subscription and your first 6 issues are free!
Don't forget, you'll also find out about the latest streaming services, arts, books, music, food + drink, entertainment - and much, much more!
Find out what else you'll discover in The Week magazine here.
See what some of our readers think...
The Week is the ideal paper for those who are too lazy or too busy. I am both and proud of it.
It's not just excellent and succinct, but witty too.
It's the quickest way of finding out what's been happening all over the world.