Here's what's in this week's issue of The Week magazine
16th January 2021
- Main stories: The Covid emergency
- Controversy: Trump silenced: Twitter bans the president
- People: Eddie Izzard: “I knew I was going to get abuse”
- Best British article: Failing to learn the lessons of Grenfell Tower
- Best International article: Europe: falling behind in the race to vaccinate
- Health & Science: Plastic found in human placentas
- Talking points: The storming of the US capitol
- Obituaries: Pierre Cardin: Katharine Whitehorn: A pioneer of postwar Fleet Street
- The Last Word: “Families expand like ripples in a pond”
Subscribers: Read issue in full here.
To make sure you don't miss out on our unique coverage of the new, incisive comment and debate, start your trial subscription and your first 6 issues are free!
Don't forget, you'll also find out about the latest streaming services, arts, books, music, food + drink, entertainment - and much, much more!
Find out what else you'll discover in The Week magazine here.
See what some of our readers think...
The Week is the ideal paper for those who are too lazy or too busy. I am both and proud of it.
It's not just excellent and succinct, but witty too.
It's the quickest way of finding out what's been happening all over the world.